Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Baby shower news and I got my birth kit today!

I had my baby shower hosted by my good friends Breanne and Anne on Saturday. It was unfortunately delayed once because Anne had to have surgery and most of the guests were booked up or busy with flooding, but it came off beautifully on Saturday. Breanne made a really tasty spread with seven layer dip and veggie pizza, and Anne ordered a lovely cake that looked like a bubble bath with a rubber ducky in the middle. It was really adorable! I got overwhelmed with gifts, and even with surprise gifts from my family who couldn't come from the lower 48. I got a ton of duplicate gifts too, so I had the fun of going and exchanging certain ones for bigger sizes of the same thing -- Timmy didn't need nine pairs of shoes in the same size, but now he's outfitted until age 2 in fun and cool Robeez! Everyone was so sweet...we can't wait to try out our new wipe warmer, pea pod hat and fleecy car seat accoutrement.

The midwives came over for their home visit today and did all the standard prenatal stuff...and boosted my ego by telling me how pretty and cozy my house is, despite all the basement detritus everywhere. They also loved my soft chewy molasses cookies and took a few for the road. They also dropped off my birth kit...so no kidding we are ready whenever Timmy is!

Not that the humongous belly, indigestion and discomfort didn't do it before, but it feels so REAL when all the equipment is in place and ready to go. I just did a huge load of baby wash too. And of course after the ego boost of the midwife visit, I got leveled by a four year old who yelled out in the BX that I must be having two babies because his mommy didn't have that fat a tummy. Oh well, you want the truth, you ask a kid! LOL

2 comments:

Amie said...

Do you have photos of the cake? You got me into the Cake Wrecks blog but now I'd like to see something not-wrecked and cute!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!! I wish I was closer. Hey email me at myspringpeaandme@yahoo.com

Then you won't get lost.

Love you!

C'mon TIMMY!!!!!