Friday, June 27, 2008

Charlie's deploying again

Sigh. I know, them's the breaks of military life and I should be happy that I got out so it's not twice the separation with the addition of separation from my children, but it's hard all the same.

The base is so overtasked, Charlie's intel people are at a 1:1 dwell pattern. Which basically means that for every six months they spend at home, they are six months gone. Charlie's number came up and he'll be leaving sometime in December until June or July. I'm trying to focus on being grateful that he will be here for Timmy's birth in September and not look too closely at Christmas apart and his missing yet another of Connor's birthdays.

I'm going to be moving down to Washington DC while he's gone -- winter up here is hard enough without being by myself with a toddler and a newborn. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the house in the meantime...maybe pay a neighbor to make sure the drive is shoveled and the house isn't freezing in horrid cold snaps, plus making arrangements with housing. I'm so thankful mom and dad are amenable to me crashing their party down there in DC for so long -- I think I would just go crazy with stress and loneliness in the -50 degree months by myself.

Okay, Connor's acting up...I need to go deal out some mommy justice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that he is deploying but glad to hear you are going to be with your parents....hugs to the whole fam...including peanut...I think that means you get two hugs...lol