Saturday, June 20, 2009

Recent sewing projects

I've been sewing a bit lately...there's been a great sale on at Joann's and I cannot resist cheap fabric. I got everything I needed to finish Timmy's baby quilt for under $30. Now just to find the time to sew it!

But these projects were super quick. I made a pair of pj pants for Connor and made them the size indicated on the package for his measurements but they turned out way too big. Billowing, really. So I'm going to make the next size down in Lightning MacQueen fabric to match his new shirt. He fell in love with the applique and since I had a coupon I snatched it up for him and got it for only $2...anyone who knows about licensed character fabrics and notions knows this is a steal for this size applique!



I found the most adorable romper pattern for Timmy. I made this one for him, and have some really cute flag fabric for a 4th of July outfit. I'm going to get a tee for Connor and make him a appliqued tee out of the scraps. Boy 4th of July stuff is sparse and not so cute, so this is a nice solution that is actually affordable. It has some sweet little gathers at the front, is nice and cool, and hits above his knees so it doesn't catch as he crawls and tries to walk. I can whip one together in about 45 mins now that I'm familiar with the pattern, which is nice, since that's all the boys allow me for a project.



I would really like to get my three quilt projects done. I'm hoping when Charlie comes home I can go take a few quilting classes. I really enjoy it, but know how woefully sparse my knowledge is. I take many grievous shortcuts and would love to learn to hand quilt rather than just tie or machine stitch and hope for the best!

I'll take some pics of the kids modeling my latest projects...Timmy's napping right now, but he's going to be stuffed into the romper for the farmer's market this afternoon. And he'll be the cutest kid there, with the possible exception of his older brother!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm right there with you in yearning for more quilt knowledge. I keep vowing to take a class, only to tie off yet another project.

Seriously wowing over the $2 Lightning McQueen find. What a bargain!