Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Glory, glory, hallelujah!

I can't even tell you how much I love my life right now. On Monday Charlie came home with paperwork from the government authorizing us to have a paid move! No packing at all (though I'd already done one room and almost the whole kitchen) and no expense to us. In fact, we're authorized a partial DITY (do it yourself) move and may even MAKE money on the stuff we have to move ourselves.

And my house is SOOOOO cool! We spent the morning in meetings for moving stuff and then accepting our house. I can't believe how much space we have! Maybe if I hadn't been living in the Harlem ghetto of the North I would be less impressed, but I don't think by much. There's a huge crafting space, built in clothes drying racks, three separate heating systems for the three floors of the house, a play room for Connor, a big bedroom for him, a smaller bedroom for guests, two walk in closets for the MB, and two and half baths. The kitchen is not what I would want my dream house to be (everything's electric, I miss my gas spider burners!) but you can't have everything! There's a big breakfast nook where we're going to put shelves for my books, and a great sized dining room right off a nice sized living room. The back yard is small because it backs up to the lake immediately, but it's okay because you really only spend much time outside for three months of the year anyway. The house is 1800 sq ft without the basement, so when you add that, it's about 150% the size of any other house we've ever had. It doesn't have an open floor plan like our Vegas house, so it doesn't feel as big actually, but the space is just incredible. I'm just overflowing with ideas...I want to do a wall lettering design, and I need to do something for our bathrooms since I have more than I've ever had, and I want to get some new table runners for my bar and coffee table...our old ones are looking terribly shop worn. I might get some silk flower arrangements for a couple spots too as well as some new curtains, since we had to leave several of our window treatments when we sold our house.

And I can't even tell you how excited I am about heated garages! We have two, and after three months of praying the car would start even with block heaters and freezing for the first twenty to thirty minutes of every car ride, I am ready to be spoiled with a little heat.

There's even a recycling closet complete with compactors, can crushers and sorted bins. We have so much storage space, I'm not sure what to do with it all! I can't get tempted to fill it, because who knows when we'll get a house this size again. Still, my mind is already racing with where to put my Christmas decoration stash and winter clothing bins.

We don't have trash pick up, but really, that's the only downside. The trash drop off is on the way to Charlie's work though, so it shouldn't be too awful for him to take it a couple times a week on the way to work. A couple of people have expressed shock about no trash pick up, but it's actually a safety thing. It's rare around here to have trash pick up because guys can't be out exposed to the temps at least six months out of the year.

I've got a list of things we need to get like curtain rods, curtains, shower curtains, sewing table, and book shelves. I'm sure there's other things I'll think of in the moment, but really the house is quite nice just on its own.

As soon as I have everything in a semblance of order I will post pics. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!

No comments: