Friday, April 4, 2008

Feeling overwhelmed...

I talked to the movers today, and it will cost us only $400 if we pack ourselves out of this apartment, but will be $1000+ if they pack us. Oh jeez. Since they're giving me the boxes for free if I get them back to them in good shape, I really have no other reason not to than a big selfish tired "I don't wanna!" whining light in the back of my head.

But I've not packed out anything bigger than a dorm room, and that was ten years ago. I don't know how many boxes to ask for, how to pack certain things, whether or not I should try to box my mattress, etc. Charlie will not be available to help for any of this...when he said he would be around to help, he meant next weekend with unpacking. Which is okay, I guess, but I got my hopes up that he would actually be there to assist with the movers. Ah, well...Air Force wife pipe dream.

I've got enormous amounts of laundry that I really need to wade through too, though I am keeping all the white dirty so I can wash them away from Rusty Central. Connor and I got $20 in quarters, hopefully that will be enough to get all the colors done. I also have a referral appt at the hosp on Monday, need to pick up boxes on Monday, Connor's gym class on Tuesday (or we can switch to tomorrow if it's easier) and LLL on Wednesday. I think we'll figure out what we need for shower curtains and curtain rods on Wed and Connor and I can go shop for those so we can at least take showers and not flash the neighbors if we move in before I can get things unpacked properly. I have to pack the apartment and have that pretty much done by Wednesday, because I'll be busy all day at the new house accepting the main shipment. We were planning on staying here over Thurs, but now I'm questioning the wisdom of that. On Thursday we'll have our main house shipment with our nice big king bed...hmmm. I'm thinking I'll have to skip the Symphony 5k walk on Sat -- I was really looking forward to it, but I'll be happier living in a fully assembled house.

Meanwhile Charlie is working all weekend and then working from 8 am to midnight all next week. Sigh. I really need to stop pitying myself, it's just hard being pregnant and all alone with a toddler, especially while trying to figure all this stuff out at once with no one to bounce ideas. I need to get Connor to sleep, because we need to go get Charlie and any other tipsy guys who need a ride after the Red Flag welcome bash going on tonight. Connor and I defiantly decided to have dinner together at Chili's tonight and had a good time building houses out of coasters -- of course his dinner consisted of fries, cereal and juice as a result, so I guess I came out of that mommy contest about even -- hit for bad nutrition, but plus one for fun!

No comments: